Saturday, November 19, 2011

Lingering Scenes Saturdays (LSS)

Saturdays being our "movie day" of the week, I'll turn to my favorite scenes from my favorite movies across time.  I'll name this entry LSS. Just like how songs linger to my mind all day long.  These are lines and scenes from my favorite movies. And since I do movie reruns on a saturday, I'll tag it Lingering Scenes Saturdays a.k.a. LSS.

And so for my first entry:

LSS#1 - The Notebook

     Scene:   When Duke (Senior Noah) was reading for Allie and their children came to visit.


(photo courtesy of google)

Duke (to his adult children): "Look, guys. That's my sweetheart in there. I'm not leaving her. This is my home now. Your mother is my home."

How lovely and inspiring to witness how love can grow unconditionally, tested by time and even self-awareness.  Having to love someone with all your heart despite trials and not being reciprocated back because of memory loss. 

What I learned? True love is self-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment