Tuesday, August 21, 2012

For Father and Daughters....Heaven isn't too far away


Many articles have already been written regarding the untimely demise of Sec. Jesse Robredo.  I am one with the Filipino nation, in this grief and mourning.  How we have lost a man of honor, valor, integrity and justice.

However, I would like to speak from the terms where my pang(s) of sadness strike the most. 

That, as of a daughter. 


photo courtesy of totheuttermostwithin.wordpress




A daughter who fears "that" inevitable eternal separation.  I couldn't even fathom saying it.  That's how fearful I am of that occurence.

Imagining Sec. Jesse with his wife and daughters is a sight that fills me with awe and reverence.  I believe in what I have read and heard that he was always a present father.  How he put his family as a priority and how he wouldn't miss doing the role of a father despite any other circumstance.  Kumain ulit kahit busog dahil sa napakaraming engagements as a Mayor, umuwi every weekend sa Naga kahit kailangang bumalik agad kinabukasan sa Maynila, gagawin parin para sa pamilya.  Truly, this is what fatherhood is about.  And I believe these and many other more, endeared him to his wife and his daughters. 

Sec. Jesse loved his family first, and with so much love he received back, he was able to extend his sincere love by way of his public service.  Yet, it remains, love begins at home.  His family is his priority - his wife, his daughters. 

I am fortunate to be fathered by someone who is tenderhearted and whose love and devotion to our little 3 piece family is unarguable.  So, analogous to the circumstance, I am mostly saddened by Sec. Jesse's passing because I know now there are daughters who lost a good man as a father.

I remember how I have adored seeing my father do ALL things that I thought only people with super powers can do. Fathers have the knack to fix everything, including beheaded barbie dolls. Aika, Trisha and Jillian surely had their own super hero moments with Sec. Jesse. Every little girl does, I suppose. 

I could only imagine the grief, but I know I wouldn't be able to get hold of the real insurmountable pain his daughters are feeling right now for losing what to them is their good 'ol Daddy Jesse. 

For Sec. Jesse's daughters who are very fortunate for their father's love.  I sincerely hope that amidst this biggest trial, they'll find hope and peace in the consolation that their father is up in heaven, in the arms of his creator.  I am sure that in each of our father's hearts, the bind of parenthood stays beyond the physical world.

Heaven

I don't need to be the king of the world
As long as i'm the hero of this little girl
Heaven isn't too far away
Closer to it every day




When I come home late at night
And you're in bed asleep
I wrap my arms around you
So I can feel you breathe

I don't need to be a superman
As long as you will always be my biggest fan

I write this with no claim of authority nor ascendancy. I clearly don't have the mastery nor the slightest right. I don't mean to influence what to feel nor what to do.  I simply would just like to pose a modest hope that for father and daughters whose love has an undying force, heaven isn't too far away.

Sec. Jesse, I honor you.

Aika, Janine and Jillian, my heart is with you.

God bless your family.  May you have peace of mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment