Friday, June 15, 2012

Love by my Dad

Love is a Verb
by my Dad

For the times you held my tiny hands for support.... I love you Daddy.

For all the times your hands fixed my broken toy.... I love you Daddy.

For the times you supported my love for the color blue over the pinks.... I love you Daddy.

For the times you brought & fetched me to and from school.... I love you Daddy.

For the times your heart went meak when my grades weren't as par to expectations... I love you Daddy.

For the times you have patiently taught me how to drive... I love you Daddy.

For that first time you entrusted me with the car... I love you Daddy.

For the times you showed how proud you are of my simple accomplishments... I love you Daddy.

For the times I heard you say, "Anak ko yan!"... I love you Daddy.

For the times you were happier than me when I got my first promotion... I love you Daddy.

For the times you understood my silence in times of pain.... I love you Daddy.

For the times you explained how and why young love is difficult... I love you Daddy.

For the times your heart cried with me when my heart was bruised... I love you Daddy.

For all the times I came to you for comfort.... I love you Daddy.

For always being a present and active father... I love you Daddy.

For entrusting me to Dennis and for believing in our love... I love you Daddy.

Has never left my side. DAD.

Most of all Daddy, thank you for teaching me that LOVE is a verb.

That it is a thing of action with sincerity... I love you Dad.

On your special day, though we are apart, I'd like to say how proud I am to have been fathered by you.


Happy Father's Day Daddy Willie!   

i VERB you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment